Licensed Registered Builder or Owner Builder?

The value of the building works will determine whether you require the following:

  • A Licensed registered builder undertaking work over $3300.00 in contract value,  must provide  QBCC insurance (swimming pools do not require QBCC insurance).  The Certificate of Insurance issued to the builder for your building work is a document that forms part of the building permit documents issued by the Certifier. 
  • An Owner Builder undertaking building work over $11,000.00 in must hold a current  Owner Builder Permit. For further information, go to Queensland Building & Construction Commission (QBCC)

  • When does Portable Long Service  Leave Levy (Q-Leave) Apply?
    Q-Leave applies when building and construction work that is to be carried out and the construction cost is $150,000.00 or more.

  • Who Supervises your Building Works?
    The building work is the shared responsibility of the builder; contractor and the owner to ensure that the building work is carried out to an acceptable standard ready for the inspections required as detailed in the building permit documents.

Comments are closed.