My Property is in a Designated Bushfire Prone Area or Buffer Zone – Can I Still Do New Building Work?

Properties can be designated by Council as being located in a Bushfire Prone Area or Buffer Zone.

The outcome of further enquiries regarding the Bushfire overlay on the property, will  determine the level of construction required for the building work to comply with Australian Standard AS3959-2009 Construction of Buildings in Bushfire-Prone areas. 

Advice can also be sought from an independent Bushfire Consultant.

Comments are closed.